Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Rurouni Kenshin download links.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rurouni Kenshin download links. Empty Rurouni Kenshin download links.

Post  Admin Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:47 am

Rurouni Kenshin download links. 1510

Mangaupdates link: CLICK HERE.

Synopsis:
        The story of Rurouni Kenshin takes place during the early Meiji period in Japan. It tells the story of a peaceful wanderer named Himura Kenshin, formerly known as the assassin Hitokiri Battōsai. After participating during the Bakumatsu war, Kenshin wanders the countryside of Japan offering protection and aid to those in need as atonement for the murders he once committed as an assassin. When arriving in Tokyo, he meets a young woman named Kamiya Kaoru, who was in the middle of a fight with a murderer who claims to be the Hitokiri Battōsai from her swordmanship school. Kenshin decides to help her and defeats the fake Battōsai. After discovering that Kenshin is the real Battōsai, she offers him a place to stay at her dojo as she notes Kenshin is a gentle person instead. Kenshin accepts and begins to establish lifelong relationships with many people, including ex-enemies, while dealing with his fair share of enemies, new and old.

Notes:
    What we're scanlating is the Kanzenban version of Rurouni Kenshin. And we're planning on finishing the entire series.
    This project is being done by Feanor. For any questions or whatever mail him at askfeanor@web.de
    If you want to download, you'll have to be logged in. If you find any links that are down, please let us know, so we can upload them back again. Also I was told that you have to post 1 time to be able to download, not sure if it's true.

Mediafire folder for Ascension releases:

Volume 01
    Chapter 001 - Scanlated by Ascension:
    Chapter 002 - Scanlated by Ascension:
    Chapter 003 - Scanlated by Ascension:
    Chapter 004 - Scanlated by Ascension:
    Chapter 005 - Scanlated by Ascension:
    Chapter 006 - Scanlated by Ascension:
    Chapter 007 - Scanlated by Ascension:
    Chapter 008 - Scanlated by Ascension:
    Special - Scanlated by Ascension:

Volume 02
    Chapter 009 - Scanlated by Ascension:
    Chapter 010 - Scanlated by Ascension:
    Chapter 011 - Not finished yet.
    Chapter 012 - Not finished yet.
    Chapter 013 - Not finished yet.
    Chapter 014 - Not finished yet.
    Chapter 015 - Not finished yet.
    Chapter 016 - Not finished yet.
    Chapter 017 - Not finished yet.
    Chapter 018 - Not finished yet.
    Chapter 019 - Not finished yet.
    Chapter 020 - Not finished yet.

Volume 03

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:19 pm; edited 20 times in total
    DesoNoto

Rurouni Kenshin download links. Empty Re: Rurouni Kenshin download links.

Post  DesoNoto Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:39 pm

Oooo, high quality release right here. What a Face Just finished reading the first chapter and I'm in <3 with the colored pages. Did you do the translation? tongue Anyway, keep up the great work and thanks so much. Cool
    DesoNoto

Post  DesoNoto Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:51 pm

Found some minor typos in case you want to ever do corrections. On pg. 20 and pg. 48 instead of strenght, it should be strength. Also, on pg. 40 it I'm pretty sure it should be "a utopian" instead of "an utopian" and on pg. 47 I think it should be "it slaughters with deadly swiftness". Also, on pg. 48 it should be "The world doesn't need two Battousais." Wink
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rurouni Kenshin download links. Empty reply

Post  Admin Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:46 am

so... on page 20 i didn't found the word strenght, altough i did find it on 48. On page 40 that "an utopian" part is correct, because in english a word that starts with a vowel always has an before it. on page 47, that part is also correct...(the one we used i mean.) yours is wrong Razz on page 48.... i'm not really sure how it's correct :/ with ' or without. not sure.
    altough i did find another mistake Razz on page 48.... which you missed Razz regretable.... that's actually with 2 t's... regrettable.
    anywho thanks for trying to help, and for mentioning that strenght part. i'll inform feanor, and maybe he'll redo that page maybe not. Razz
    - Necro
    DesoNoto

Post  DesoNoto Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:28 am

Sorry, I meant pg. 19 for the strength part. And after reading a handful of articles on utopian usage from Google searching, I can say that it'd be 'a utopian'. As for pg. 47, I guess your translation does make sense, although it does sound awkwardly phrased to me. xD And lastly, it's correct as Battousais on pg. 48 because it's not showing possession of anything; instead, it's showing the plural of Battousai. Wink Anyway, you did get me with the 'regrettable' error. Anyway, keep up the great work. tongue cheers
    Anthony

Rurouni Kenshin download links. Empty a or an?

Post  Anthony Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:28 pm

When u makes the same sound as the y in you, or o makes the same sound as w in won, then a is used.
    •a union
    •a united front
    •a unicorn
    •a used napkin
    •a U.S. ship
    •a one-legged man

source:

Use a if the next word begins with a consonant SOUND.
    This is a sound rule, NOT a spelling rule.

a box
    a cat
    a university (university begins with a consonant sound)
    a unicorn (unicorn begins with a consonant sound)
    a European trip (European begins with a consonant sound)
    a hotel (hotel begins with a consonant sound)

source:

There are plenty more web sites that support the use of a before union instead of an. Anyhow, thanks for all your hard work, Feanor and everyone else!
    Anthony

Rurouni Kenshin download links. Empty subject verb agreement

Post  Anthony Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Also, on page 25 (for some reason on the mangahelpers online reader it's page 26) "the police isn't exactly reliable" should be "the police aren't exactly reliable."

This one is a lot more complex since it involves a collective noun which can be either singular or plural, but in this case I would use aren't instead of isn't.
    Anthony

Rurouni Kenshin download links. Empty comments

Post  Anthony Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:34 pm

Sorry for posting so many replies. I've been posting as I read, but I will wait until I'm finished for this one.

The strength typo is undisputed. As is regrettable.

As far as page 47, the phrase is awkward. You're saying the style is slaughter with deadly swiftness and DesoNoto is suggesting saying that the style slaughters with deadly swiftness, which I think makes more sense, but this is minor.

This is my first time reading this manga, so I had to do a bit of Googling to figure some stuff out which would be cool to address with asides in the white space. A couple examples would be to put an asterisk (*) by the first oro and in the white space have another asterisk and tell the readers that oro means huh in Japanese. Translating sakabatou in this way would also be helpful, as not understanding that he was referring to the backwards sword confused me more than the awkward phrasing on page 47. This wouldn't need to be done every time the word is used, but would be helpful the first time for newbies like myself to make the series more accessible.

Anyhow, thanks again for all of your hard work in providing this and other high quality scans!
    Necro

Post  Necro Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:59 pm

Mad thanks for all the help. i just sent an email to Feanor, told him to check this thread, btw seems he's gonna do a v2 of the chapter... sorry for the mistakes Smile btw i'm not sure, but most likely i'm not going to report the v2 on mangaupdates... i will report it as usual on the group page though. i don't like v2 reports on mangaupdates Smile
    Anthony

Rurouni Kenshin download links. Empty cool

Post  Anthony Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:14 am

There's really no need to apologize! The mistakes are totally minor and the quality is superb! Feanor is doing a great job.

I actually found this group through Feanor as I've been following his Dragon Ball scans (which are amazing) and hope to start reading some more of your scans when I have some time.
    DesoNoto

Post  DesoNoto Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:00 am

Thanks for yet another chapter. Just in time too as I just fixed my computer after more than a month. Smile
    DesoNoto

Post  DesoNoto Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:31 am

Grammar nazi reporting in after reading yet another excellent chapter. Typo on pg.60, "If have the feeling you want to ask me something", should be "I have the feeling you want to ask me something". Also, on pg.69, it should be strength. And on the same pg., in front is two words. Lastly, on pg.76, live should be life. Thanks again for the chapter!
    Goobgobb

Post  Goobgobb Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:58 pm

Good work on releasing higher quality scans, but will you pick up pace? By the time it reaches volume 10 and this pace I'll be dead.

Willing to help tho' I have no experience.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:20 pm

So, as i said before... this forum is mostly managed by me... Necrophagia. and rurouni kenshin is done by Feanor, He just wrote on the credits page in ch05 that he will pick up the pace.
    Feanor is also the one that does Dragon Ball the perfect edition that's why he's a little slow. Anyway he's a perfectionist so most likely he won't want help... but try asking him just in case... mail him at askfeanor@web.de
    Goobgobb

Post  Goobgobb Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Oh, so he also does the Dragon Ball kanzentai... good fellow.

Alright, I'll try I suppose.
    umphreys

Post  umphreys Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:19 pm

right now he is alternating between dragon ball and kenshin. He releases two dragon ball chapters then one kenshin chapter.
    jennjenn

Rurouni Kenshin download links. Empty o.o just a lil confused

Post  jennjenn Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:28 am

So on the editor note on chapter 2 of RK, what is it that we're supposed to see on page 75?? I'm really curious now xD;; Thanks Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:14 am

i'm not sure... maybe the fact that on the third panel there's no scar on kenshin's cheek?
    cco

Rurouni Kenshin download links. Empty Thanks

Post  cco Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Thanks for doing the Kanzenban. This is the definitive version of Rurouni Kenshin. A fan scanlated version (Viz translation sucks) of the Kanzenban (which has better artwork than the tankobon, Sadly the Kanzenban does not feature the original colored pages, but restored ones, but it still looks amazing.

I look forward to more chapters.
    JamesWeed69

Post  JamesWeed69 Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Thanks man
    othatmentalkid15

Rurouni Kenshin download links. Empty Thanks!

Post  othatmentalkid15 Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:37 am

Thanks for posting Smile
    speedster

Post  speedster Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:42 pm

That's great! Very Happy

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:16 pm